Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Visit from Aunt Lacey!

We were so lucky to get a visit from my littlest sis, Lacey! She made a long weekend for herself and took a break from her studies at BYU to come hang out with us from Thu. through Mon. night.

Her first order of business: give Davey what she called a "faux-hawk". I've never been a fan of this hairstyle for boys (I just don't get why people think it's cute, especially on babies), so since the styling product she used wasn't very strong and his hair was pretty long for it, I was (not-so-secretely) happy when it fell soon after. :)

Lacey and her little creation.

The first day was fun-filled with a grocery shopping trip to Wal-Mart (woo-hoo) and then Lacey took Davey to Target to let him choose a toy. He ended up coming home with Little Debbie Easter Cakes instead... Meanwhile I spent time finishing clearing out Charlie's room so we could move Davey's bedroom furniture in there to make room for his new beds that came the next day. It was nice to have the help and Davey enjoyed the time with his auntie.

Davey and Lacey having some fun with the camera...



Lacey enjoyed spending time with Charlie, too.

Saturday Lacey and I got to have some girl time and did some shopping at the local outlet mall. It was fun to do some looking for me after so long, but I still ended up buying only things for the kids! The story of a mom's life I guess.

Sunday was pretty low-key with church and hanging out at home.

And Monday we had a fun time at the zoo! I finally broke down and decided to become a member.

Davey loves checking out the tropical fish and pointing
out the Nemo and Dori look-alikes.

His favorite display is still the giraffes, though...

And we got to see the 3 week old baby giraffe! So cute!
You kind of have to look closely to see it in the pic.
So big and so little at the same time!

The giraffe in the background (look through the glass)
is so tall I think I could stand upright under its belly!

The tallest one actually came out of hiding today, so we
had fun checking it out. So tall!!

Davey was so enthralled he wouldn't turn his head
for a picture.


The mandrill is another favorite of ours.

When I was uploading this picture, Davey was looking over my shoulder and asked, "What's that mommy?" As I tried to remember what it was called, Davey answered his own question correctly. I was amazed!


Charlie was happy in his car seat the whole morning,
sleeping most of the time.

Chubby cheeks!

We ended the visit by taking her by the water wall and a quick dinner at Lupe Tortilla.

This is one of my favorite things to see in Houston.
It's always impressive.


Thanks for coming, Lacey! We had so much fun and miss you already!

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

Charlie is getting so cute! No, I'm not saying he was an uggo prior to now... I just love babies when they get all chubby!