Some of the moms in Davey's playgroup and I have been doing a sort of mini-preschool for the kids. They meet for about 45 minutes each Wed morning and we take turns hosting. Each week's theme is based on a letter of the alphabet. We had the letter D and chose dinosaurs as our theme. We talked about the attributes of dinosaurs (long tails, spikes, long neck, etc.), sang a cute song to the tune of I'm a little tea-pot, read Danny and the Dinosaur, matched dinosaurs on a page, traced the letter D and finally made a lowercase d out of some licorice and a donut.
Davey and his d (though they all look like b's in the pics)
1 comment:
Yea for preschool!!! I wish more of the moms here did stuff like that! Have you heard of joy school? It was what I did when I was in preschool. Here's the website you can learn more. http://www.valuesparenting.com/joyschool/ I don't know if it would help or not...but it's just an idea. :)
Post a Comment