Monday, March 23, 2009

Princess Mommy

This weekend we did something I've been wanting to do for months - we picked out and ordered a dining set for our kitchen. That's a big deal for us because we take forever to make those kind of decisions. I'm so excited that it's on it's way... hopefully it will be here closer to 6 than 8 weeks.

While we were placing our order, Dave and I kind of lost track of where Davey was and what he was doing... big mistake in a furniture store! I was only made aware when the saleslady exclaimed that he had hurt himself - I had even somehow tuned out his crying. He had hit his head on something and I put the clues together when I saw footprints on the leather ottoman next to a couch and surmised that he must have been jumping between the two like he does at home (which we're trying to get him to stop).

Though I was sad that he was hurt, it was a tender moment as I held him when through his tears Davey looked up and me and asked, "Mommy, sing a song for me." It was so sweet to think that it is me singing to him that he wants when he needs comfort.

************************************

Sunday Davey was in my closet with me as I got dressed for church. He looked me over and asked, "Mommy, you princess?" Hopefully he'll always see me that way :)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Awww, so very cute.

Harmony said...

He loves his mommy.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Holy cow, so sweet! So this is what people talk about boys being sweet to their mommies:-) It makes me want a little boy (not really, cause that would mean I would have another one) :-)