When we moved into our new home, I told Dave that in order for him to sleep in the bed with this pregnant lady, we were going to have to get a bigger bed. There just wasn't room for me, my large pregnant belly, mr. body pillow, and Dave. So we bought a king size bed pretty quickly (thanks to some help from my in-laws - thank you!!) but were sleeping with flat sheets from our queen for a long time. We just couldn't agree on a new bedding set. I wanted something relaxing feeling and Dave wanted bright, cheery colors. So we went without for a long time. I am happy to report, though, that one day while not looking for bedding at all, I stumbled upon a set that was a great deal and I thought would satisfy both of us (since I told Dave he no longer had a say in the matter :). We finally have a nice, pretty room. And thanks to my mom for the gift of the pretty pictures above the bed!
And we aren't the only ones with a new bed...
Dave's parents surprised us with a gift of bunk beds and a dresser for the boys! They were a little nervous since they picked them out and ordered them without input from us, but we love them! It was such a generous and thoughtful gift.
The beds won't be bunked for a while yet (Davey needs to be older), but Davey is so excited and doing so well sleeping in his big boy bed.
I love the blue color of the beds. So perfect for
a pair of boys!
The room is in desperate need of some decorating, but that always takes me a long time.... I'm not good at picking out patterns, colors, themes... anything to do with decor! But I am feeling more inspired about it now with these fun beds so hopefully we'll get it together soon. In the mean time, we have some adorable handmade bedspreads from when Dave was a child.
Davey laying in his new bed for the first time.
What a big boy he is getting to be!
Trains are making for a great bribe these days, so I had Dave take him to Toys R Us to pick out a train that would be his as long as he stayed in his bed. He chose and engine named Duncan.
As the delivery men put the beds together, Davey ran around the house, skipping and jumping, so excited about his new bed. I wasn't sure if that would translate into wanting to actually sleep in it that night, but at least it gave me hope. As I put him to bed, he started complaining and asking to go downstairs, which he rarely does. Eventually I got him to settle into bed after going back and forth between the new one and his old crib, mostly expecting him to want to sleep in his crib, but he really wanted the bed, so that is where he ended up. And he did great; stayed in the bed all night and stayed in it in the morning and called for us to come get him!
With Duncan; all ready to sleep.
What a big boy!
The next day he took his nap in his bed just fine and has done well ever since. He used to take all kinds of toys to bed with him and often play for a while before falling off to sleep; now he may take one train but he falls right asleep, staying on the pillow and under the covers!
4 comments:
Nice bedding choice, Jasmin! It looks similar to what we have . . . only ours is blue.
And you know how jealous I am of your cute boys' beds!!!! Lucky girl, lucky kids!
Love the bunkbeds.... VERY lucky to have someone just get them for you. Then you don't even have to look around (which had taken up quite a bit of our time the last few months).
Anyway, that's really great that Davey is doing so well in his big boy bed. Aubrey has done really well.... which makes me think I was the one holding her back, wanting her to remain a baby. argh.
i HEART those beds!!!! love them. when i see similar ones in poteerybarn i think how nice it would be to have them for boys! love bunks. my girls have them in their room. so i'm glad you found my blog link and let your info...you're on my blog roll!
Nice choice of room colors... we have light blue and chocolate brown too.
Post a Comment