Friday, February 6, 2009

All Planes go to Michigan

This past Saturday Dave's group at work had a barbecue. I wasn't sure we'd be going, but when I heard it would be held in his co-worker's husband's airplane hangar, I knew we couldn't miss it. Davey just loves spotting airplanes and even hears them overhead while we're at home. When he's playing at the park, he's always the one pointing his finger up to the sky shouting "Airplane!" at the top of his lungs over and over until the other kids get excited enough too to join in.

Dave's boss and his wife are so sweet and when we got there, scooped Davey right up and brought him outside to watch the planes take off and land. Since it was the weekend, all of the airplane hobbists were having a grand old time taking off, doing tricks, fly-bys and landing again. There was no shortage of excitement for Davey as he exclaimed for each one and determined their color (I was glad to hear he was getting them right).

Later I was chatting with Betty (the Boss' wife) and she was asking how Charlie was doing and do we still have family here from California. I said that my mom had gone home and that she was actually from Michigan. She said, "Okay, that's why Davey kept saying all the planes are going to Michigan." He can't wait to get on one again himself and go see everyone. He has also been learning about the kinds of planes and was pointing out to me that these were not jet planes.

The funny thing about the night was that as excited as Davey was to watch the airplanes, he was hesitant about getting in the cockpit of our host's plane.




There was also a pretty cool tractor Davey got to sit on, and he was even promised that he could come back to help cut the grass!


Thankfully, Charlie slept the whole time so we were all able to enjoy ourselves. It was nice to meet a lot of the people that Dave is always talking about.

No comments: