I took this picture because I thought it was cute the way Davey has taken to lying or sitting on this pillow the way Daddy does while watching TV. Little did I realize why he was lying prostrate on the floor, unmoving for several minutes... he was hypnotized by the "Wheels on the Bus" video I had checked out from the library! Yes, hypnotized. I guess in a way I should be happy about it. I should pat my back for having good parental instincts if I want to look on the bright side. I felt a little guilty leaving the library with a DVD and no books, but we have plenty of books at home that we haven't yet exhausted and I wanted to find something that would keep his interest when I needed to get something else done (like today, mopping the floors). Davey easily gets bored with TV (usually I like that because I like to chalk it up to me doing something good and not getting him addicted, even though it probably doesn't mean a thing -- but I find you have to be your own cheering section when it comes to parenting) and, with the "Wheels on the Bus" book being his current favorite, I thought he'd like this video. So, I was right. I put it together this afternoon right after I took this picture that the reason he'd peed his pants for the 3rd (!!!) time today was that he was hypnotized by this video (and that I had let him watch it twice the whole way through...). He was watching it each time he peed. Guess I wasn't so genius. Either way, a certain DVD will be disappearing tonight.
2 comments:
BAHAHHAH. He would pee his pants.
I've tagged you.
Post a Comment