Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bigger (not Better) than Before

Ta-da. Here is a much sought-after picture of my growing belly. Why so many of my family and friends have been clamoring to see me getting fat, I'm not sure. Maybe seeing someone else gain weight makes you feel better about yourself? I'm just kidding, mostly, but I don't really know why everyone has this desire to see women when they're pregnant. But, you can count me into that pool, so I can't really talk here.

A few days ago, Dave was feeling sympathetic to my plight and commented that I must be feeling like skin shouldn't have to stretch this much. The sad part is that I don't even really feel anything stretching yet! Yikes, that's scary to say at 6 months... I'm certainly feeling bigger than I did last time, but I know that's due to not getting as much exercise or eating as well as I did with Davey. (Sorry, baby boy Adams.) Even though I know the weight gain is for a good reason, it's still not fun seeing the scale go up and up and up. Especially because this is now the second time that Dave has decided to diet right as my weight gain is really beginning to accelerate. Last time we ended up almost at the same weight. Yes, me at 5'3" weighing the same as my 5'11" husband... not fun.

I also have visions of giving birth to a huge baby, and it scares me. Davey was so small (6 lbs 8 oz) and I worry about having to deliver a large child because I'm not eating as well. It was already not so fun with small one that I can't imagine an 8 pound child. I guess time will tell. Hopefully I can get up some willpower to eat better over the next 3 months. It's not too late to change my ways, right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry! Ryken was HUGE! 8lb 9oz and 22 inches long... I only needed one stitch. I think the human body is amazing and can handle the size of the baby it will grow in delivery. Of course I am not saying go ahead and eat that box of doughnuts, but you know what I mean. My doc had me limiting carbs and sugar in my third trimester to try to stop Ryken from getting too huge... I dont think it helped much though, he was going to be big regaurdless.

Melanie said...

Jasmin, you really do look great for 6 months! Is it that far along already?? At least you have a reason for the scales to tip upwards! The rest of us don't!

Jared said...

I think you look fabulous!
Pam

Us Lochers said...

First of all, that's how big I look at 4 months, so I already hate you.

Second, no matter how big your baby is... your body WILL recover. Alyssa was 10 lbs 5 oz and 23.5 inches. (Yes, she was practically a toddler at birth. Granted, I'm a giant and should expect to give birth to miniature giants.) I recovered.

I gained 37 pounds with Alyssa. I gained 60 with Aubrey, since I discovered eating crappy made the nausea subside. She was only 7 lbs. 7 oz. 21 inches. All the extra weight I gained was all me!

My point, I think... the weight gain difference may not effect the baby at all.

Sweating in the endless heat said...

I swear I posted a comment on here, but I must be going crazy cause I don't see it; so here it goes! You look fabulous! You have a cute little bump and you really look amazing! :) I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see how # 2 will look! So have you taken any birthing classes this time, just in case this one comes racing into this world like Davey? Miss you guys and hope things continue to go smoothly!!

lacey paulson said...

you are pregnant with a LIVE HUMAN BEING!

Sweating in the endless heat said...

UMMMM, I feel SO bad that I forgot to call you or send a b-day card for your b-day last week:( I am SO sorry, i hope your last b-day in the 20's was everything you hoped for:-) Miss ya!

Harmony said...

In the angle this picture, my eyes took a double-take. I swear that the entrance/foyer looks eerily familiar to your hous in Bakersfield. Kinda weird.