After our wonderful time in Germany, we were excited to go home to the USA! Our trip, however, had to begin with the 6 hour drive back to Amsterdam. The drive was smooth and the scenery beautiful as before and the boys were very well-behaved, but it made for an exhausting journey.
We stopped at a really nice rest area in Germany and the boys were so cute walking through the building holding hands, I had to take a picture.
Davey showing off the matchbox cars I broke down and bought for them. They were so well-behaved I had to reward them!
It was a nine hour flight from Amsterdam to Detroit and while I didn't sleep at all (too worried that Charlie would roll off the seat) I did get to watch almost two full movies while the boys slept. I have never been able to relax and have any time for myself on a flight before when flying alone with children. Minus the very rude stewardesses (I'll let myself forget the details), it was great!

No comments:
Post a Comment