Sunday, July 11, 2010

Charlie is 18 months

Well, I'm way behind in posting this, but wanted to remember some details of Charlie at 18 months old.

Charlie is a very picky eater - he asks all the time for "honey," which is a peanut butter & honey sandwich, and yogurt. Those are basically the only things I can get him to eat with any regularity. I try very hard to provide him with options that will give him the nutrition he needs, but I worry because he won't eat barely any of it!

Charlie LOVES choo-choos and can name the following engines: Henry, Gordon, Percy, Emily, Alfie, Cranky (okay a crane not engine), Thomas, Toby, Coach, and Edward

My housemaid and I were joking the other day how you can sum up Charlie in two words: Trains and Yogurt.

He has discovered the word "LOUD" and loves to scream it in the car. Ouch for the ears!

He loves to run around the house yelling, "fast!" He shares very well (I can hear him saying, "here, here, here" reaching something to another child) and is good at saying "please."

Charlie loves camels. Each time we pass the camel farm near our home (which is all the time), he is yelling and pointing, "Mamoos!"

I just love the 18 month old age. Every time I walk in the door from being out and have left him with our nanny/housemaid he yells, "Yea! Mama's here!"

He loves, loves, loves babies. We were at a birthday party recently where a child about 12 months old was sitting in a stroller being fed by her mother. Charlie stood by her side holding her hand for a full half hour, ignorning the festivities around him.
There are so many flies in Bahrain and Charlie has been joining in the fun of swatting at them. He thinks its so fun to do and funny to watch. In fact, flies are so much a part of his conciousness that when he counts to five, he says, "one, two, three, four, flies!" (he picked up the counting on his own, no teaching involved).

Happy 18 months to our happy, talkative little Charlie bear!

No comments: