Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Big, Daunting Adventure

Part of living life overseas is taking our trips home. I was very excited to plan our first trip home, but every time I sat down to buy our tickets, I just couldn't do it. I was taking the kids home a month before Dave would join us, which meant travelling with them myself. The flight from Bahrain plus a layover plus another flight was more than I could think about trying to handle, especially with the journey beginning with a red-eye. Most of the itineraries involved 30+ hours of travelling.

Once I realized that the common layover points of Frankfurt and Amsterdam brought me close to my best friend from college, Sarah, who is living in Hamburg, I realized the wonderful solution - make a stopover and go see her and her husband and one-year-old twins!

So that we did and it was still tiring, but great!

No comments: