That's a line from a lullabye that I've been singing to Davey since he was a baby that my mom used to sing to me. The other day Davey was playing with a shape sorter toy and held a star high above his head and said, "It's time to go to sleep, Mommy." I thought it was clever.
Some Davey-tidbits...
He also loves to make people laugh, which he definitely inherits from the other David Pauls in the family (Daddy and Grandpa). He's always trying to get our attention these days by saying,
"Watch me! You might laugh." Then he does something (he thinks is) funny.
One of the quirky things he says all the time is when we're having dinner together: "Let's drink together," wanting us to all raise our glasses at the same time.
Davey isn't quite going through the normal annoying "Why?" phase, but instead is always asking, "How, Mommy? How?"
He is certainly a chip off the old block, being so particular in so many ways. One of the ones I'm dealing with right now is with him wanting to do everything himself. If I so much as touch him while he's getting into his car seat, off the bed, etc., he will insist on going back out of the car or up onto the bed and doing it all over again.
I am so blessed to have such a sweet, (mostly) obedient child. I love you, Davey!
2 comments:
I feel so silly for leaving an adoring comment every single stinkin post, but I can't even tell you often enough how much I love you! And Dave and Davey and Charlie! And thank you so much for updating us on little things that are so small but so cute! Honestly, Jazz, did you start a blog for MY benefit??
Tell Davey Aunt Harmony loves him and give him the biggest friggin hug you can conjure up. And kiss that baby at least 30 times for me, k?
wow how kids grow! your boys sure are tender cute lil fellas!
Post a Comment