We live in the first villa of 18 as you enter our compound, so it's a small neighborhood. It seems like probably only 7 or 8 of them are occupied right now, but the compound is always busy with the "security" people who I can't really figure out exactly what thier job is. They act as 24 hour security, call me before anyone rings my doorbell, installed my internet, hang my pictures, do my gardening, etc. I guess they're Mr. Do-it-alls or something. One even lent me a Dinar the other day when the guy dropped off a new water jug and I didn't know I was supposed to pay him directly.
As for the house itself, it is quite large, probably about 4,000 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths. Tile is everywhere except faux-wood floors in the bedrooms. We are really needing to pick out some rugs because the rooms are big and boomy and the sound travels everyewhere. I'm hoping it will help. The problem is that the home is furnished in a more modern style, which we like just fine, but since it's not typically our taste we're having a difficult time choosing anything or knowing how it would look in our home when we see it in a store.
The neighborhood has some nice amenities, which you can see a glimpse of in the picture below.
Once we get more settled and into our life (i.e. meet some friends :) I think we can be comfortable and happy here.



1 comment:
That's pretty awesome that the security guys hang your pictures. I think I need a security guy at my house! :)
Post a Comment