- Mid-August Dave got a call from his boss (who'd been here doing the job) saying he wanted to recommend him for the it, would he like it? (OF COURSE! Dream come true for Dave.) Wewere told however that we could not breathe a word of it to anyone. He even specifically mentioned that I couldn't either. Who could I tell that it would matter? Oh well, we kept it to ourselves for a while, then just told our parents of the possibility. His boss also wasn't very confident that sending an expat overseas would get approved so he gave it a 25% chance of happening. So, no blog post.
- Waiting game for a couple months... then it finally gets "approved" verbally mid-October right before Dave leaves for a trip to Bahrain for 2.5 weeks. They want Dave to return to Bahrain for good (= 2-3 years) 3 weeks after his return from his trip. We're still not sure it will really happen until we see something in writing but decide that the boys and I should go back to MI and see family while Dave is gone in case it does really happen that quickly. Plus, I don't want to be a "single" mom for 3 weeks. Don't want to spread the word too far since, like I said, we're not really sure it will happen until we see it in writing... so, no blog post.
- Dave is told he will get his written offer while he's there but it doesn't come until a few days after he returns but the time table is to remain the same. Ugh. Soooo much to do to get ready! (So... no blog post.) It doesn't quite happen as quickly as they wanted, but still very quickly for an international move. We all return from our trips Oct 31 and the movers arrive to begin a whole week (!) of packing on Nov 30. We flew out Dec 9th and the rest is another blog post!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Our Big Adventure
Well, I can't believe I haven't even mentioned this on my blog yet, but we now live in Manama, Bahrian! Actually, I can believe it. Here's the story (I'll try to make it brief).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Holy crap-a-roonie.... one day you'll have to tell me where you actually live, because I have NO idea.
Hopefully you still get our christmas card that I just sent to your "old" address.
You movers were packing up your house for ONE WHOLE WEEK??? That's crazy Jaz! My gosh, do you have Wal-mart in your house or something?
Well, geez, I really can't believe you're in Bahrain. I just always thought that if I didn't accept it, it wouldn't happen. I love you sooooooo much! I don't know anything about Bahrain but the only thing I know is that I hope you are all safe and happy!
WTH...that's what the heck!
wow what a huge move. where is bah-humbumg anyways!
wish we could hook up here in MI. but looking forwartd to more of the story!
merry christmas
Post a Comment