Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No Maid for Me

Well, I tried to have an open conversation with her. I explained that we have a particular way we would like things done and we need someone who is willing to listen and do it that way. We need someone who is willing to get down on their knees and scrub at a spot on the floor if that's what it needs (that's where we were getting the most push-back). Apparently, she cannot/will not.

I've been thinking that I would be more comfortable with someone younger (this lady is probably 50 or so) who would probably be more open and flexible. I've been thinking that this lady is not the one for us, though I'm sure other people have thought she was good for them.

Turns out, she's been thinking the same thing. She speaks pretty good English, but I still felt like I had a hard time knowing exactly what she was saying. What I took from it was that she has been cleaning in Bahrain for 2.5 years and apparently no one has ever been so direct with her and wanted things done their way. Other people must not be very particular about their cleaning. But I find that hard to believe. I think she just wants to do what she wants to do and not have anyone bother her. Well, that doesn't work for us.

So today was her last day. Now I'll be trying to clean this big house for a while. Hopefully not too long because its really just too big and there is too much dust everywhere for one person to keep clean on their own (unless they're a maid and it's their job ;).

4 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I really hate when my house is too big.... he he he... I hope you find some help that meets your needs soon. Dusting, and often, can be really hard to keep up with.

AND I am really excited to be done with this pregnancy. Only 5-6 more weeks. YIPEE! We still haven't decided on any names. Brian doesn't like the names I like... and he keeps picking names that I think are too popular.... I hope we figure it out by the time the baby is born!

Pam said...

Hey Jasmin is there an option to bring someone in from the states that you know is looking for a job that could come and clean for you? Or do they have to be locals?

lacey paulson said...

Yeah, those old crazy maids. Rough goin' jas, rough goin.

Harmony said...

Gosh! What a pain!! I hope it all works out! I'm catching up on all my blogs... so maybe this resolves itself. I'll see!