Thursday, December 24, 2009

Our First Day Out

It took a while before we ventured out in the sunlight. Honestly, we were here 6 days before I saw any of Bahrain in the daytime. We were just that tired.

Anyway, our first day out consisted of quick drive-bys of a couple interesting places... we didn't want to push the kids decent moods or stay out too long. We really needed to make it to the store. Sorry for the poor pictures.

One of the King's camel farms. If you look closely, you can see them. Apparently you can get out of your car and get on one if you slip the guard some money. We were scared away by the private property sign at the time.

A quite poor picture, taken from the car like the previous one.
Some very old fort built by the Spaniards. I'll be more specific someday when we actually go for a visit.

The beach.

Even though this is an island, no one frequents the beaches unless you are a member of the Ritz club. You can imagine that there wouldn't be a lot of sunbathers in a country where the women are covered from head to toe in public. It was apparent by all the shells still on the beach. I've never seen a beach with so many. Not that they were great shells - they might have been at one time but most were quite sun-bleached from sitting there forever. 

We did let the kids get out and stretch their legs for a few minutes.


I'm not sure if Charlie has ever played in sand before. He enjoyed checking it out.

It was after this that I picked up Charlie, tried to hand the camera off to Dave so I wouldn't drop it and *poof* it got dropped anyway. We can't get it to take another picture. Ugh. Guess we're getting a camera for Christmas.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

that's the darndest thigns about cameras... you can't just be human and make the mistake of dropping them... even on a soft beach!

And that's crazy about the beach, I never thought that they'd be so barren because women are always covered! Wild!