Saturday, October 17, 2009

Breakthrough!

After months of crying for hours at at time during the night, we had a breakthrough! Two days before we left for our trip to MI, Charlie made it 11 hours through the night with NO crying! I can't tell you how relieved I have been that it has also continued since we've been here. Since Charlie goes to bed at 6pm, it means I wake to feed him around 5am, but that's still a great improvement. Maybe once we get home I'll try to move that one until after he truly wakes for the morning, since he's been going back to sleep until 7am and I'd love to sleep through until then.

Another couple exciting events that happened the day Charlie turned 9 months is that he started saying "Mama" and drinking formula from his sippy cup! The "Mama" these days is still much more rare than "Dada," but I'm still happy because he said it first :) We are also making great strides toward weaning and me being able to truly have a day off - today I fully replaced a nursing with a feeding from the cup. It felt so good not to have to nurse at church.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

WHAT? No picture of cutie Charlie? What kind of post is THAT? (just kidding. kind of.)

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Charlie is such a cutie pie:-) So happy he is sleeping better for you, it's always nice! Miss you lots and so glad I was able to chat with you the other day:-)