Sunday, January 4, 2009

Laughing Stock

Church for us today was in a brand new building and at a new time (9 now instead of 8 - yahoo!). So with Dave going alone with Davey to a building he'd never been to before and my limited help this morning, he was sitting in the back during sacrament meeting. The bishop kindly announced the birth of our son but announced it having happened on Monday. Dave tried to discreetly mouth that it was Sunday, the bishop then corrected to Tuesday and finally got the message that it was Sunday. After that being awkward enough, Dave decided to let it pass when the bishop went on to say that our baby was still unnamed, of course to a reply of muted snickering. Ugh, how embarrassing. I know we took a little longer than most people to name Charlie (it was Monday afternoon), but for him to be a week old with no name, people must think we're nuts. Now I'm actually hoping to be asked to speak so I can set the record straight! (Well, maybe that's stretching it a bit... don't pass that along ;)

9 comments:

Natalie said...

No worries! My girls didn't have names for days. They were baby A and baby B. Every time we would go to the NICU to see them the nurses would beg us to name them. That's what babies get for coming early!

thebestdays said...

This is Dave - For the record, Jasmin might have the story a bit off. I think what the Bishop said was that he 'didn't know if there was a name' or what name we'd chosen and so a few folks thought he meant the baby had no name still. I just found the whole thing amusing. Don't want to put the blame on our Bish. He's the best!

But no one can deny that the Adams can be a bit too deliberative.

Jasmin said...

In no way did I mean to disparage our bishop - I think he's great, too!

Harmony said...

ha ha ha you guys are funny. I LOVE YOU!

Harmony said...

uh, p.s.- you might want to change your baby countdown monitor... it says Charlie will be born in 10 days.

Nora said...

Congrats Jasmin! He wasn't supposed to come until your shower! :-) Hope you are doing good. Let me know if there is anything you need. See you Saturday.

Us Lochers said...

So I wasn't "officially" named until I went to kindergarten... if that makes you feel better.

Taryn and the boys said...

Sam thought the bishop said that he didn't know the name yet not that you didn't have a name yet. So maybe others heard it the same wrong way.

Criddle Family said...

We saw the link to your blog on Amy's blog. Congratulations on little Charlie! He is really adorable! We have a blog too but it's private. If you would like to view it send me an email at cbiancocriddle@yahoo.com and I will send you an invitation back. Happy New Year!