Monday, January 19, 2009

Jinxed!

I guess I totally jinxed myself by posting such a positive entry last night. Davey and Charlie decided to collaborate to make sure I didn't have such a smooth start to my first day by myself with two children. Charlie kept crying and grunting all night -- he grunts very loudly and quite constantly and it keeps me awake just as much as crying -- and didn't finally settle into a decent sleep until after 4 am. Davey woke crying somewhere in that time and when he woke again at 6:20 am saying, "Davey go poo-poo," I thought that must have been why he was crying earlier and I'd better go clean him up or he'd have quite a sore bum and of course he'd go back to sleep. I guess it was my lack of sleep impairing my judgment. Davey did not have a dirty diaper and he did not go back to sleep. So I'm trying to survive this first day on 2 hours of sleep. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I feel for you Jasmine. I will say an extra prayer for you today. I always struggle with being nice when I have had little sleep.

Harmony said...

Oh, Jazzy! I love you! I hope things go better tonight. And I wish I were there to help you out right now! Hopefully soon!