Davey continues to be very interested in his new little playmate. He really tries to play with him already, handing him his trains and zooming them around him (today he ran one right over his head). A common refrain is, "Charlie bigger play trains." I think the gift Charlie gave Davey at the hospital (his Percy train) helped endear him because Davey remembers, "Charlie give you Percy," several times a day. He also likes to use the underneath of Charlie's bouncy seat as a parking garage for his trains and trucks.
Anytime Charlie and Davey are awake at the same time, Davey is constantly in his face. I have to be creative to find excuses to get Davey away from him - I'm trying to minimize the window of opportunity for Charlie to get hurt; and I'm crossing my fingers.
One of the funniest things Davey says about Charlie is his interpretation of what Charlie says when he's crying - "Charlie crying, 'yes!' " He is always trying to leave the dinner table to go say,"Hi Charlie" or "What's the matter Charlie?" though I know that is as much of an excuse not to have to sit there as it is interest in his brother. We are cracking down on that now.


Charlie 3 1/2 weeks
During the last couple months of my pregnancy I didn't cook dinner very often so we were pretty inconsistent about sitting down for dinner together. During the two weeks my mom was here, however, we sat down together every night and I saw signs of Davey's behavior at the table and pickiness improving. So since she has left we are continuing to eat together no matter whether we are having a nice prepared meal or whatever we can scrape together and I am happy to say that we have had so much more success getting Davey to eat his entire dinner and to eat what we are eating. It still takes a bit of effort and cajoling, but he has finished his entire dinner almost every night this week. The time-out chair has become our friend during this process.
One of Davey's favorite desserts is a spoonful of whipped cream...
Can you tell he loves it?
(Looking at this picture, Davey just
admitted, "Davey look funny like that.")
A few more things about Davey these days...
- He's always asking, "Who's that... ?" and "What's that... ?" Whenever we're in the grocery store and they say something over the PA, he says, "Who's that lady talking up there?"
- He loves to tell us about what he's doing, even when he already has our attention, "Davey doing this!" and "Davey was doing that!"
- He loves (and has for a long time, can't remember how long) to put things inside of things, i.e. carry his sippy cup inside of another cup. What made me remember this is just now when I got him up from a nap, we played upstairs for a few minutes and when we went to go downstairs he had to carry his trains one by one in this tiny little basket over to the other bucket that he was going to carry them all downstairs in. When we give him his rewards (now he calls them pee-pee treats and poo-poo candy, embarrassing when people are around, and will correct us if we call it a poo-poo treat instead of candy or the reverse) for going to the bathroom (yes, we are still giving them to him) he always has to find something for us to place it in, we can't just hand it to him.
- He loves to go around counting and saying the alphabet. He gets to thirteen easily right now but then skips to sixteen and gets the alphabet pretty on but often skips the letter J.
These things probably seem so commonplace to other readers; but I just think his little voice is so sweet, it makes everything he says sound cute! I don't want to forget this stage; it's my favorite so far, by far. Dave commented the other day that when he's on his deathbed, what he's going to wish for is to see Davey's smile at age two.
3 comments:
Okay, I love the name Charlie, it is so adorable. Anywho, the boys are just so dang handsome! Good for you with the dinner thing. It is probably my favorite time of the day cause I feel like everyone can reflect on the day that we all had and what is coming up the next day. If you ever need any ideas on what to make for dinner, let me know. The cookbook that my ward put together is probably one of the best cookbooks I have. You know what I'll send it to you via e-mail. Anyway, hope you have a fabulous week:-)
**just noticing that my blog on the side bar of your blog doesn't show that it has been updated, but it has a lot since November. i found out that if a person's blog is private than it doesn't shoe that it has been updated on the other peoples blog
Charlie is so adorable... I wish I could hold him and smell his baby smell which I am sure is wonderful!
The boys are so cute and it is so fun that they have each other. Madi just said, "Next time we go to Texas we have to go see them!" Considering we have never been to TX I guess it is time we come for a visit! Hopefully we will see you soon.
Post a Comment