We had talked about going to see Santa at the mall and he was very happy about the opportunity to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, but whenever I mentioned that he would need to sit on his lap, he would change his tune and say, "No want to. No want to see Santa." in that whiny voice he does so well. But the one day I actually got to the mall to do it, Santa was at lunch.
So the perfect opportunity to see him was at a storytime with the Big Guy two days before Christmas. First, Santa tried to win them all over with some treats and I was quite worried when even animal crackers didn't tempt Davey to go near Santa to get them.
It took a bit of effort just to get Davey to sit with the other kids.
Still a worried look on his face.
I had to hold Davey to keep him in line to see Santa and he was complaining the whole time. I kept reminding him that on the way in the car he had said he wanted to give Santa a hug and kiss (somehow that seemed better to him than sitting on his lap). But, when it was our turn and I handed him to Santa, Davey didn't complain! (Though there were no kisses or hugs.)
Posing for a picture.
Davey finally gets to ask Santa in person
for the trains he wants for Christmas.
During the stories Santa read, Davey became increasingly worried and, when it was over, insisted on speaking with Santa again because he forgot to tell Santa which specific trains he wanted. He wanted Gordon and Edward so badly. (After that I realized I had better go back to the store and get Edward since I didn't have him under the tree yet.)
3 comments:
Those are some great pictures! Wasn't Christmas so much fun this year with the kids finally understanding what was going on?
How funny! Ryken wanted Rusty and Duncan so badly! I searched high and low for Duncan! My mom was finally able to find him and saved the day!
I just discovered you had a blog! I love when we do things together and see the day through Davey's eyes with your pictures.
Post a Comment