Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was very nice for us this year and it was the first time we hosted family at our house for the actual day. We were fortunate to have Dave's parents and older sister, Carrie, come stay with us from Wed - Sun. We had a really nice time with them.

Dinner was ready right after naptime, so we indulged ourselves and let Davey sleep through the meal, but not before he had is own turkey feast. I had promised him that on Thanksgiving Day he could eat one of the turkeys he had made the prior week... 

I couldn't get him to look up for a picture the entire time he was eating it!!

The meal was delicious (if I do say so myself!), though once we got started I forgot to get a pic of the spread...

The table. 
I think this was the first time I had used my china since last Thanksgiving! Oops!

Davey had an absolute blast the whole time with all the attention he received from everyone. He is such a people-person and remembers the names of everyone he meets. He knows the names of the siblings and mothers of each of his little friends. He keeps talking about our friend JP, one of the guys who came into town for Dave's guy's weekend a couple weeks back and Davey only saw him for a couple hours. Yesterday we attended Dave's company's holiday party and once the babysitter arrived, he would barely take his attention away for a minute to say goodbye to us. Certainly no tears!

Davey and Aunt "Ki-ki." 
He loves his new New York sweatshirt! Thanks Ki-ki!

Carrie lived in Dallas for several years and was ready for a new set of cowgirl boots, so some of our Black Friday shopping (I went shopping all day with the girls while the guys hung with Davey! :) time was spent at Cavender's Boot City looking for some swanky boots for Carrie. Grandma Adams saw the little kids' boots and couldn't resist putting together Davey's full cowboy look (complete with a toy pony to ride)! 

Though he wasn't in the right mood when we tried it all on him... the hat made him most upset.

"Hold you, Mommy!"

We ended up exchanging them for a bigger size a couple days later; he wore the new pair out of the store and has worn no other shoes since then, except that I was able to convince him not to wear them to church this morning. But the minute we got back he had them on.

Not exactly the right cowboy look, but he likes it!

We had to laugh at the twins who didn't care enough that they were wearing the same thing to change..

Like father, like son!

Thanks for the great visit and come back again soon!

3 comments:

Sweating in the endless heat said...

Umm, are you even pregnant? In the picture of you getting Davey into the outfit, you don't even look prego. You look AWESOME!! Hey just to let you know my blog is updated and we are having a......:-) Your Thanksgiving table looked so beautiful; you really know how to put things together!

Harmony said...

Looks like you had a great time with Dave's family. We definitely missed you in Michigan, but it looks like you have some great memories!

Pam said...

I am glad that your Thanksgiving went well. I can't wait to get visitors in January. Anyway I am due the first part of June. We will find out, boy or girl, the first part of January.