So tonight at dinner, Davey randomly says, "Jacob." I sit for a second wondering what he would say next, thinking it would have something to do with naming the baby, since we've been tossing that name around and I am getting to the point of stressing over what the name should be. I think, "maybe Davey has some revelation to share with me that will help me with the decision" (I'm grasping at straws these days). Then he says, "Davey swim with Jacob at pool." Amazing. 4 months ago, in August, roughly one-seventh of his life ago, while we were in temporary housing here in Houston, Davey and I were swimming and we met a boy named Jacob. 4 months ago, Davey's speech was still in it's infancy and remarked to Jacob's mother that Davey coined a new nick-name for Jacob, "Teacup." (That was how he pronounced Jacob.) We only ever saw Jacob that one day. How does he remember something like that?? Plus, remember hearing that his name was Jacob even though he could only pronounce it so poorly at the time. So not fair.
I'm going to include a few pictures with this post because there have been too many posts in a row without them... Last weekend I took Davey to a little Christmas party put on by a Moms' group I have joined here. They had a photo-op set up, though it wasn't so perfect with the flash reflecting in the background...
Who isn't happy when surrounded by presents?
I'm worried; maybe they're for mommy.
The bounce houses were a blast; surely the best part of the party. Davey spent the majority of the time climbing out of the balls and jumping back in. Needless to say he had a great nap that day!!
Bringing a ball back into the jumper.
The rest of his time was spent being the ball monitor. Anytime a child threw balls outside of the pit, he took it upon himself to put them back in, even if they had been thrown outside of the jumper. He is a very conscientious child that everyone should follow the rules and everything should be kept in its place. I need to take better advantage of that!!
3 comments:
Jasmin I am totally with you on the memory loss thing. My kids ask me all the time "Mom remember?" and I simply have to say "well, as a matter of fact I don't" which seems to get them frustrated. Oh well
Ha ha, you know why Davey is so conscientious! He is his mother's son! He's so particular about the funniest things, JUST LIKE HIS MOTHER! And i LOVE that you are two of a kind. I can't wait to see you again.
My kids are the same way and I too am jealous. They remember EVERYTHING. Especially the things I don't want the to!
Post a Comment