Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Nap or No Nap...?

I can't figure out whether to continue with Charlie's naps or not... and I can't believe I'm even thinking about nixing them because I am such a believer that kids need sleep and lots of it. But Charlie is perplexing me... He's not quite 2 and a half yet but if I let him sleep as long as he might on his own, about 2 hours, he will wake too early in the morning. I put both he and Davey to bed at 7pm but Charlie will often wake before 6 these days. I have been shortening his nap, waking him after one hour, but it hasn't been helping much.

Some days he doesn't nap anyway because he'll get out of his bed (moved him out of his crib about a month ago). I've resorted to locking the door to not let him out. Being 8 months pregnant and on my own with them I just haven't had the energy to deal with bringing him back to his room over and over all night and day for naps.

Normally he'll never sleep anywhere but his bed, never in the car. But the last few weeks he's been falling asleep in the car a lot which leads me to believe he still needs naps. No conclusion here... just writing about my confusion! Guess I'll have to give it some more time to figure out...

2 comments:

Us Lochers said...

I had to trick Alyssa... I had to tell her that it was just quiet time. She would get to read on her bed for an hour. She always fell asleep.

Aubrey, on the other hand... she doesn't nap. She still did some quiet time, but it turned out just to be a lot more work for me to keep her on her bed... maybe I was just getting more lazy? Either way, naps didn't work for her.

Good luck figuring it out!

Natalie said...

Hi Adams Family!
I don't have any advice on the napping thing because our girls were terrible sleepers. I just wanted to say how much we miss you and we hope all goes well with your new baby!
Please move back to Bakersfield as soon as possible. :)