Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oxy Halloween Party

I worked with my friend, Donna, to put on a Halloween party for the Oxy families this year. Donna is a mega-planner so I let her lead and it turned into a pretty complicated party with all kinds of games and activity stations needing volunteers for every 30 minutes. Luckily a lot of people were willing to help. We had a chili and cornbread dinner along with a beautifully decorated Halloween cake.

Our boys had lots of fun as I think all the kids did. But next year we'll simplify... by the time we got everything going and tended to our own families a bit, everyone seemed to forget about their volunteering and the games didn't all run as planned but it was still a success.

When you first walked in was the "Guess how many spiders" game.
I think it was the favorite.

Leslie, me and Donna

We have a H'ween grinch in our family...

Our scary little ghost and cute little pumpkin ready to play!

We held the party in the clubhouse of a compound with all Oxy people so we were able to go trick-or-treating... yea!

The first house

Charlie was really into the candy. It was his first year going.
Last year he was already sleeping by the time we went out.

It was quite a warm night and we were all sweating by the time we finished trick-or-treating.

No comments: