I had had a really hard time choosing a school for him to go to, mostly having a hard time just with sending him to school for such a long day (8:00-1:45) every week day. When was I going to have time to spend with my darling Davey? After each school tour, I left emotional and teary. Before that experience, I never thought I'd be emotional for my children's first day of school. And - I was right. I guess by the time school finally started I was resigned to the idea and my usual non-emotional self was in control
Dave was very excited for his first day. Both Dave and I accompanied him and his teacher had advised us that we should stay in the room with him until he was comfortable. Well, the second we all stepped in the door, Davey was shooing us out of the room. He was ready to be independent and has never looked back. He absolutely loves school.
I will always think Davey is so adorable and handsome but I think this picture is terrible. Seriously, could someone not have combed his hair and straightened his shirt? He had just had a nice hair cut (I made sure it wasn't too short) and it was nicely combed when he left the house. So much for "professional" services.
Anyway, Davey still loves school (4 months later as I write this) though he does get tired by the end of the week. He gets up at 6:30 in order to leave the house with Dave at 7:30. I am so glad the school is less than 5 minutes from Dave's work and that he's not an early-to-work guy so he can take him since the school is 20 minutes away. I just pick him up in the afternoon.
Davey's teacher is a lovely lady with lots of teaching experience and gushes about Davey every time I see her. He gets along well with everyone and will never pick a favorite friend. They are all his friends. I miss him during the week but he is always so excited to go that I don't regret putting him in.

1 comment:
Davey's such a cute kid! Looks like a great school. And you should see Michael's preschool pic. It's the best ever! He has this scowl on his face that is just priceless.
Post a Comment