- He loves to pretend to be an animal. Always a crocodile, tiger or snake.
- Along with the sounds associated with being an animal, he loves to make all kinds of sound effects: cars, airplanes, thunder, lightning, etc. I think he's pretty good at it and I always chuckle to myself at how he is so much like his daddy.
- His favorite movie these days is Top Gun (Dave is very proud of this).
- He loves to drink at the same time as other people. If you eat dinner with us, you'll hear over and over, "Let's drink together," and we all have to raise our glasses at the same time. I often pretend and keep chewing my food.
- I found him the other day having a busy party with his toys. "Are you at the busy party?" "Yes; are you busy?" "Yes, I'm busy; are you busy?"
- He thinks he's pretty funny and is always asking us after he says or does something, "Isn't that funny?" or "Isn't that silly?"
- Davey still makes his "going to sleep" noise. He has been doing it since he was only a few weeks old and I have expected it to disappear over and over, but it persists. It's kind of a hum oscillating between high and low pitch and I guess somehow soothes him to sleep.
- He likes to stay busy. I need to find more projects that he can do on his own. He is constantly asking, "Do you wanna play with me?"
- I am figuring out that Davey can't carry a tune. Hopefully this will change with time, but he has never liked to sing, though he loves us to sing to him. These days he will sometimes attempt a song, but it never sounds much like music. ;)
- If you try to tell him he is a big boy, he responds by saying, "No. I'm a little boy." He loves to be little and slow, often asking us to slow down as we drive.
- Davey loves his little brother. He loves to tickle him and blow on his belly. He does have a harder time with him now that he his mobile and likes to share toys, but mostly he is very sweet and loving with him.
- He does not like to eat. At least anything besides the typical kid foods like mac & cheese and chicken nuggets. Dinner time is not fun around our house these days (any suggestions on this... feel free to share).
- He is in that hard time when he still needs naps sometimes but almost always doesn't take them. This means his attitude and demeanor are mostly not so sweet and obedient as they have been in the past since he is almost always overtired. We're still figuring out how to deal with this one as well. Hopefully the phase will pass soon.
Mostly, we just laugh at Davey and think he is great. We love listening to his little conversations and it is so fun now that we can begin to play little games with him (favorite of ours is the "Super Stretchy ABC" game he got for his birthday).
We love our three-year-old Davey!
2 comments:
When Alyssa decided she didn't need naps we had her do "quiet time" instead. She would have to stay on her bed, she could have one quiet toy of her choice as well. We told her she didn't have to take a nap, she just had to play quietly on her bed for one hour. 9 times out of 10 she would cover herself up and go to sleep on her own at some point during quiet time.
Everything made me smile, except for him being a stinker about eating dinner, and taking naps. Listen to your mommy, Davey!
But I freaking love you, Davey.
Post a Comment