Saturday, September 19, 2009

Joy School

Every Monday and Wednesday from 9 to noon, Davey is so excited to attend preschool. He never looks back or misses me at all. I put a lot of thought into the decision of sending him to a traditional preschool vs. doing the Joy School co-op thing and decided in the end that I wanted to be involved in his learning and fun, as well as know the kids he was with all morning, so we're following the Joy School curriculum and doing it with three of his best buds from nursery.

Davey all ready for his first day of preschool.
Amazingly, he loves his fire truck lunch pail 
more than his Thomas backpack!

Lauren, Davey, Sammy and Avery
on their mats and ready to begin!

When we arrived to pick up the kiddos the had obviously
thoroughly enjoyed themselves and were running off
their energy back and forth in the hall.

The happy bunch.

Before they walked out the door, they closed 
their window of the schoolhouse.

Later in the day, Davey was standing on the couch falling over while yelling, "September!!!" I asked had they learned about the month of September at preschool? Yes. When he kept yelling September and falling over, I figured he must have heard someone yelling (or seen it on a show, really) Timber! as they cut down a tree, stored it in his memory, and then when he learned September, put the two together and figured that was what they were saying.

1 comment:

Harmony said...

How is he so funny??? It's amazing how he puts things together in his head. He's a sponge, I tell you! A SPONGE!!

And, I love his guts (and the rest of him, too).