
Look at the happy little darling!
Our sweet little Charlie bear is 8 months old! The time is going by so fast and he is doing new things all of the time. At his 6 month check up (yeah a while ago, I know), Charlie was 16 lbs 5 oz (30th percentile) and 26.5 in long (50th percentile) and his head is 17.5 in (50th percentile). I've never tracked my children's head size before but I was curious because Charlie's head always seems HUGE compared to most kids his age. But it didn't really show up on the percentile ranking as being big I guess because his head is really taller than most, not really wide, as would be measured.
Charlie always has the biggest and brightest smiles for everyone. His personality just draws you in. He is cuddly and sure loves his Mommy. I guess I should say that he has bright smiles for everyone so long as he is giving them from Mommy's arms. He's really funny about going to people - some people he screams every time they hold him and others he is fine with. There are a couple ladies at church who he always screams when they hold him. Last week one was laughing as he would
Charlie got his bottom two teeth in at 5 months and two more on the top at 7 that are still descending. It looks like one of his top incisors is about to pop through any day now. Teething has been quite difficult for us around here and always sets us back greatly with sleeping patterns, eating patterns and his willingness to be happy playing on his own.
Charlie-goo (as Davey nick-named him) is sitting well now on his own and has always loved to arch his back, doing it very notably from the womb. A couple months ago he began arching his back and lifting his belly off the floor to let me know he wanted to be picked up. It was kind of a funny little motion, his belly pumping up and down so quickly. Then it turned into this...
Needless to say, I found it entertaining, but didn't want this to be his primary mode of transportation. I was relieved when soon thereafter he started doing a real scoot on his belly. Here's a capture of his second attempt...
Now he has mastered it and gets around rather handily. He is just now starting to pick his belly up and try to move on his knees/feet. He also loves to stand, often refusing to sit, and since he has no balance at all, it is funny to see him wobble all around.
And that is most of what Charlie is up to these days! We love you Charlie!


3 comments:
your boys are so handsome! i love the 8month age! they're so cute
He is SOOOOOO SO cute! I love when they start to interact with us, it make being a mom worth while:-)
Oh JAZ-MIN! That first video of Charlie was SO hilarious! I was crakin' up at my computer and and then Jared came over and I made him watch it too. We almost piddled our pants. SO FUNNY! My eyes were wet from laughing so hard!! Glad to see he finally got a hang of it in the 2nd video, though. Thanks for posting the videos; they make me so happy! Love you!
Post a Comment