I know I'm partial, but my little brother Benjamin is the best. He is such a great kid. He is definitely someone worthy of the honor that comes with being an Eagle Scout, which was the reason for the timing of this trip to MI (to attend his Court of Honor). The evidence was strewn all over this trip.
Even though I was in Michigan 2 weeks before Dave arrived, it still felt like a vacation for me. I didn't think it necessarily would in the beginning because I knew my mom would be super-busy finishing up all of the details for the Court of Honor (she goes all-out for an event like this), but it still did, largely due to Ben. He was such a big help, not because he was necessarily trying to help, but he spent a lot of time with Davey and Charlie. Even his friends Brad and Eric came over several times just so they could play with my boys. What great kids!
I needed to do some shopping for myself and my friend Amy and I have started a tradition of shopping trips to Birch Run when I'm home. My mom watched Davey for me for the day and Ben gladly agreed to come along to help with Charlie. He was such a life saver, though I'm sure it was boring for him.
Davey woke up several mornings to find new, elaborate train track designs for him to play with...
You can imagine his excitement!
They were way better than anything we've ever
built for him.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Ben! I knew he was a sweetheart and played with the boys a lot, but I had no idea he was setting up traintracks and toys for Davey to play with! He's like Uncle Santa Claus! And that picture of him with Charlie almost made me tear up. Benjamin's such a special kid. My gosh, and he has no idea how great he is!
Post a Comment