About a week into our Michigan trip, I loaded the boys into my parents' van and drove to Cincinnati to visit my brother, Colter, and his family. We arrived late Wednesday night and stayed through Saturday night. I was nervous about the drive (5 hours with stops) but it went very well. Davey watched a move and Charlie slept, waking at just the right time when the movie was over and both Davey and I needed to use the restroom. I fed him and then both boys drifted off to sleep.
Thursday night, we all went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir with the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra. It was a wonderful concert! We arrived early and got seats at the front of the lawn and the boys enjoyed playing around together.
Our gang waiting for the concert to begin.
The choir.
Thank you Colter & Kelly for such a treat!
The next day was Joseph's 8th birthday! My parents drove down in time for the party and Davey enjoyed playing with the balloons.
Joseph loved his "cake." It was delicious!
I can't believe Joseph is eight! He is such a smart, well-behaved boy.
Saturday was Joseph's baptism. It was neat to be there for that special day for him.
Colter and Kelly with their boys
Jospeh, Michael, Peter and Enoch
Joseph all dressed and ready to be baptized.
Davey liked watching him go under the water and kept saying that he wants to get baptized. I'm sure we'll be there before we know it!
After the baptism, we hung out at Colter's and were able to visit with Kelly's brother and his family who live in Dayton. Davey and Charlie had fun playing on the floor together...
My two boys look quite different from one another,
but something about their expressions in this picture
looks similar to me.
Such silly boys!
We had a wonderful visit with Colter and Kelly and the gang. Kelly definitely impressed me with the running of her household of 6 with baby boy #5 on the way! Davey absolutely loved playing with his cousins. Luckily goodbye wasn't for too long since they joined us in MI less than a week later. Thank you for a wonderful visit!
2 comments:
Yesssss, a posting at last! How is it that with EVERY new picture I see of Charlie, he looks so different? You need to freeze-dry him so I can just take him out of the package next time I see him and he'll still be the same.
Okay?
#5 boy on the way!!!!!!!!! WOW! Davey looks so tan sitting next to his cousins. How fun for him to have so many playmates.
Post a Comment