The Easter bunny visited our house for the first time this year. Call me hum-bug but I just figured holidays were lost on Davey up until he was 2, so why bother. Anyway, he was pretty excited when we told him the Easter bunny had come and he ran to the front window to look outside (presumably for some eggs).
I hadn't been able to get him to put on the bunny ears for a picture, so I figured making him wear them when he saw his easter basket would be a good time and he didn't complain.




A very happy Davey with Bulstrode the freighter,
lighthouse and drawbridge. Amazingly, candy takes
second stage to trains.
We had to let Davey take Bulstrode to church with him. It was the first Sunday since Charlie was born that Davey didn't spend part of the service playing in the car seat.
Dave took the bunny ears to church for the children in his primary class and let them take a picture of him too. So cute.
I was impressed when I picked up Davey from nursery and I asked him if they talked about Jesus he said, "Yes, Jesus died." Then what happened? "The angel came." He didn't get the whole story, but I thought that was pretty good teaching and understanding. I had tried to explain Easter briefly but can't really even remember what I said, so I'm sure he didn't either.
That afternoon we had the Griffeths, Amy's cousin Erika, and the Browns over for dinner. Everyone brought dishes so it made the meal significantly easier for me. It was fun to entertain our friends.
The babies (Charlie, Jared and Kara) hanging out
and letting us enjoy the meal.
Davey and Lauren are playing so well together these days. We barely heard anything out of them except giggles.
After dinner we had an egg hunt for the kids.
By this time, they were expert egg-finders.
Our new friends and neighbors, Mendy and Mike Ferarra, came over with their son, Ryan, for dessert.
Mike and Ryan grabbing an egg.
2 comments:
L O V E the bunny ears pictures. Now I know why mom always made us put them on. And I know I'll do the same thing.
Did you get to use your new dining room set? Looks like you had a great day!
Post a Comment