Thursday, April 9, 2009

Charlie is 3 1/2 Months

I intended to post an update about Charlie at 3 months, but you all know how life goes. So a little about Charlie these days...

The week before Charlie was 3 months, he started being fussy all the time again. I decided to visit the doctor to see if he had possibly outgrown the dose of his reflux medication. She said that wasn't the case, but switched him to Prevacid to see if that would help and thankfully it has. Plus, it is soooo much easier to give him. Just half a strawberry-flavored quick-dissolving pill with 2 ml of water in a syringe.

Charlie weighed 12 pounds 12 ounces at 3 months, still growing quite rapidly. It's fun to have a chubby, cuddly baby. He is smiling all the time and just so happy and good-natured. He has laughed a handful of times, which is so delightful to hear, but I haven't figured out the trick to getting him to do it consistently. The way he squeals and kicks his legs in excitement when he sees me makes me feel so good. (Maybe something like Dave gets from Davey when he walks in the door after work.)

He is good at falling asleep unassisted and has started taking a long, semi-regular afternoon nap. He's still waking 2 times at night, so I'm trying to gear up mentally for letting him cry a bit to get him down to once per night when he's 4 months. Then I'll finally put him in his own room.

He munches on his hands constantly, so much so that I'm always reminding myself that he's too young when I start to wonder if he could be teething.

The hair he was born with has started falling out, but a decent amount of new hair has grown in so he doesn't look bald. 

He is discovering his tongue and I think it's so cute when he's sticking it out all the time.

Charlie also likes to play on his activity mat and has started batting at his toys. I love watching him grow and develop and had to capture some of it on video. Have fun watching our little sweetie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks SO MUCH like Dave!

Harmony said...

Oh, I loved the video! And I think it's so cute how Charlie goes crazy when he sees you. And I have always loved seeing daddys come home to their kids, getting a big hug. So tender.