Not only did we have a nice day when Charlie was blessed, but we had a nice, extended weekend. Dave's family all arrived on the Friday before and my mom (who had come the previous Sunday) was kind enough to go stay in a hotel (though no one thought she needed to!) so that we could have a nice visit with them before things got so busy. We had a nice dinner at home on Friday night and went out for dessert. Saturday the guys (including my dad who arrived Friday night) enjoyed putzing around the house and installed a ceiling fan for us and fixed our broken dining chairs (yea!) while the girls went shopping. Then we joined up for some good Texas road-house barbecue at the Swinging Door. It was great to spend time with all of Dave's family together and my parents. Davey especially loved all the attention!
The Adams all left Sunday afternoon and my parents stayed until Tuesday so we got to spend some rare time with Grandpa Paulson, too.
Monday we played tourist and went to explore Galveston Island and the Kemah boardwalk that I'd been wanting to see since we moved here. Too bad we didn't get to see Galveston before the storm; there was still a lot of damage evident and it was crazy to see boats just randomly sitting around on the ground that had been washed ashore.
It was a beautiful day (we had had cold, rainy weather the 4 days previous) and there were even people swimming in the ocean. Though I couldn't tell you how the water was... I stayed in the car feeding Charlie the whole time they were at the beach :(

On the beach at Galveston

One of the hotels that's back up and running.
Next we drove to Kemah and had a tasty lunch at the Caddilac. The Kemah boardwalk was a pretty fun place with a few nice restaurants with beautiful views of the bay, some carnival rides, and, best of all, a train.
The bay. It was so refreshing to breathe the ocean air again.
I miss the beach in California.

Davey looking cool in his new shades.
We're ready to ride!
Charlie was so smiley that Grandma couldn't resist staying
behind so she could spend time enjoying him.
(Notice my new double stroller in this pic.
I was so excited to finally get it and I love it!)



1 comment:
That pic of Davey in his sunglasses is so cute! I think he looks a lot like his daddy in that pic. I think you need to send me your kids in the mail every weekend. Then we can share them. K?
Post a Comment