Friday, April 15, 2011

Stake Conference Miracle

The evening of the day I went to the doctor and found out I had placenta previa was the adult session of Stake Conference. As I walked in I found it hard to concentrate, I was so worked up about the news I'd heard. Elder Holland attended the conference (we watched on the internet; the conference was in Dubai) and he spoke about how all of us who are living in the Middle East are here for a reason. We may think we are where we are for the job that brought us, but that Heavenly Father has bigger reasons He guided us here. He also assured us that we are safe. As he spoke, a great sense of calm came over me. I felt that it was an answer to my prayer that I shouldn't bail on the Middle East and that I would still be fine not heading to the States.

The next day during the main session of the conference, Elder Holland left his apostolic blessing, specifically mentioning pregnant women and saying that this blessing is as if he had his hands on each of our heads individually. I really felt the power of his words and indeed like he was directly giving me a blessing. I knew then that even if I had to have a c-section, everything would work out okay and I would be able to handle it. It was a very special experience.

A week later, the kids and I were off to Abu Dhabi. Later that week I had an appointment at the Corniche hospital and got an ultrasound that revealed that the placenta had moved! It was incredible news. I can't remember when I've felt so relieved, happy and blessed. From what I understand, the placenta just doesn't move at this point. I know it was a miracle.

1 comment:

Us Lochers said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant! YAY! AND sorry it's been stressful lately. That is quite a miracle too... how incredible the Lord is.