Amazingly, when I told my sister Harmony we were moving to Bahrain, she knew where it was. Her husband's uncle had been doing a consulting job here on and off over the last year. So once he came to town again after we moved in, we had him over for Friday dinner since he is kind-of family. He is a very nice man and the kids both really took to him. So the next Friday we invited him over again, in addition to another couple from church that we were wanting to get to know.
That week I came across this delicious-sounding recipe for an Orange-Teriyaki Roast and decided to give it a try. It would be perfect to do a roast since Davey had a birthday party I was going to take him to after church - I could get everything prepared before church and Dave made some potatoes while I was gone. When we got home from the party, the house smelled delicious - perfect! Our guests arrived and I took the roast out to let it cool a few minutes before Dave carved it.
It was definitely not the "Angus Top Roast" it had been labeled as in the supermarket. ICK! It had huge tubes in it the size of my pinkie finger! Maybe it was the top of a cow's heart! We thought about trying to cut away the good/normal-looking meat but even adventurous Dave didn't want to try to eat it. So with our guests already here, I had to switch gears and come up with a new main course! It was stressful but luckily everyone had fun chatting while I scurried around the kitchen putting together a spaghetti dinner.
I was so disappointed because I really wanted to try that recipe but now I'm scared to buy any meat here other than chicken breasts and ground beef that I can fully see what they are!
1 comment:
ha ha, that's funny AND nasty!! If we're all taking anight for dinner at the reunion (mom had talked about it but I don't know if we're doing it) you could try that meal again, this time without the cow heart!!
Post a Comment