Friday, January 15, 2010

Barker the Dog

We have a dog hanging around our house these days... isn't he cute? Davey is always pretending he is something or other, most often a dog or baby. Davey the dog has named himselef Barker; Davey the baby is a little less imaginitive, always named Charlie. Though I'm half surprised he hasn't called himself Tommy, after his cousin. A couple weeks ago Davey was telling me he wanted me to have another baby. He wanted another brother, Tommy. He made sure he clarified that he didn't want just another brother we were to name Tommy, but he actually wanted his cousin Tommy (Desiree's boy) as his brother. I thought that was sweet and it was fun to know that Davey remembers him even though he's only met Tommy once.


Davey gets pretty into his role, and especially when he is Barker I have to always remind him that I do not like it when dogs lick me, no matter who the dog is. I love watching his imagination develop, though.


Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com
Okay, I think this video is so cute because my boys never run around in their underwear/diapers. It looks so cute to me.
Charlie of course is not so imaginitive, but it amazes me how well he mimics. For months now, he has made his own little "vroom, vroom" sound when pushing a car around and the other day it was so cute to watch him toddle around with his hands high above his head making a shushing sound trying to fly planes like Davey.

Update from when I first wrote this post: Charlie now loves to play doggie with Davey. I was wondering today if Charlie now calls Davey "Woof!" because he does it every time he sees him. At the least, it's Char-char's favorite word.
Photo and video editing at www.OneTrueMedia.com

2 comments:

lacey paulson said...

awwwe, what cuties! Just wish I could come to Bahrain!!!

ps. I'm not a lurker.

Rom-Knee Family said...

Seems like that is the best kind of doggie to have!