I just love every time I get to go back to Utah and visit. I have so many wonderful memories there from college, our early years of marriage, grad school, etc., the landscape is so beautiful and there are lots of yummy restaurants to eat at. Best of all, I'm always going to visit people I love dearly.
Five days after we got back from Michigan, Charlie and I boarded the plane again. Dave was excited for a weekend with Davey to himself and I was looking forward to a weekend with no disciplining, reasoning and trying to get a picky child to eat!
For this visit, I got to visit with all of my sisters, except my sis-in-law Kelly :(, and my parents. It was a nice treat to land in the SLC airport and be greeted by my mother and father! Shortly after, Desiree and Tommy flew in and we all caravaned down to Springville.
The day after we arrived was just a lazy day at Harmony's hanging out and enjoying each other's company. I also took a 3 hour nap - it was heavenly! The evening ended with a meal I'd been looking forward to for a long time - Cafe Rio. Mmm....
It was fun seeing the babies together, though we had a hard time keeping Charlie from mauling Megan every chance he got.
Tommy (5 mos), Megan (1 month) and Charlie (10 mos)
Charlie and Tommy had some fun paling around togetherTommy is just a bit shorter than Charlie but weighs just as much!
I just love this picture of Des and I and our babiesbut really wish Harmony & Meg were in it too!
Saturday afternoon, Harmony and I had a nice stroll down memory lane on the BYU campus. It was fun to see all the new additions and renovations, especially the JKHB and Tanner building where I spent the majority of my time there.

Harmony and Megan near the HFAC
That evening we had an early birthday dinner for Lacey at La Dolce Vita, almost my favorite Italian anywhere - good pick Laceyface!
Since we were all going to be in town, Harmony and Jared arranged to bless Megan on Sunday. It was so special to be there for it.

She looked so beautiful in her blessing gown -
the same one of my father's that my boys were blessed in.

Our gang at the luncheon at Fred & Mary Roberts' afterward

Charlie and his Megan love
Later that evening, we celebrated Lacey's real birthday...

Happy 21st!!!
All of the babies got lots of attention and Charlie enjoyed being the oldest baby around! (No bullying from big brother for 5 full days!!)


I can't wait until our next Sisters trip!!
3 comments:
Looks like fun! And I am SO jealous about Cafe Rio . . . and pretty much anywhere else to eat in Utah.
Cute babies too!
Oh, and I just got a craving for some Cafe Rio. Who needs turkey anyway?
What fun pictures! I love it! And I love that you called her Meg... I'm all about that nickname. Oh, and also, the other day I was dropping Lacey off on campus and she said, "drop me off right over there." And I said "The JKHB?" And she knew it as the JKB. No more Humanities in that building. You were right. It's Administrative, and they moved Humanities somewhere else. Who knew?
Post a Comment