Monday, November 23, 2009

Halloween or Bust

I have a huge sweet tooth and thus always LOVED Halloween as a kid, so I always get so excited for Davey, anticipating what fun he'll have running around with his buddies collecting candy. Unfortunately, it was a definite bust this year... though it was probably mostly my own fault.

I extended the original dates of our trip to Michigan to maximize our time there and scheduled us to return Halloween morning. We missed both our ward and playgroup parties, which I'm sure Davey would have enjoyed, but I figured we'd catch one in MI. My parents ward didn't do anything... so we missed all the parties. At least we'd be home to trick-or-treat with our neighbor McKenzie as we'd planned. Wrong. They changed their minds and went to Dewberry Farm instead.

Davey had been feeling under the weather so when we got home we gave him a nap and had to wake him to make it out to trick-or-treat. We arranged to meet up with Lauren and Avery but Davey was sooo tired. He didn't even greet them and just couldn't keep up. I thought maybe his boots were too tight or something but after about 5 houses, he turned to me and asked, "Is this enough candy Mom? I want to go home." So, I ran to get the car and we went home. End of Halloween. Bummer.

Our little cowboy with his eyes glazed over


At least we got a half-smile here
(Charlie didn't get dressed up at all... I hadn't seen a horse outfit to go with the cowboy and didn't go to too much effort to find one since I knew he'd be sleeping anyway... Hopefully he never asks what he was for his first Hallowee. A baby?)

1 comment:

Harmony said...

Oh, poor Davey! And I know he has a sweet tooth, too! Oh well. Less candy to make him sick later!

I love you!

And I miss you like crazy.

Sniff, sniff.