Davey has a high standard for qualifying as 'beautiful.' It has become a pet subject for Dave to ask Davey what is beautiful, trying to get him to expand his list. Until tonight, it stood firm at only flowers and rainbows.
Tonight at dinner, the subject came up and Davey again wouldn't admit any new entrants. But then he started asking Dave and I what we think is beautiful. He asked for many answers and gave us points for each one. After he had asked Charlie (whose answers I'm going to try to remember...), I asked him again. He had set our minimum number of answers to 5, so he had to give us three more. Added to his list was mountains, Henry, and his toys.
Selfishly, it was a little bit disappointing that Henry had made the list....When the conversation first started tonight, we were making proposals for his evaluation of beauty and nothing made his list. I had asked if people could be beautiful. "No," had been his response. "Not even your mommy is beautiful?" (every little boy is supposed to think this, right?) I asked. His response, "But I like your earrings!"
1 comment:
That is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment