Friday, September 30, 2011

Is This Really My Life?

Yesterday I found myself asking myself this question twice. I was sitting on the couch nursing Henry, my mother was in the living room reading a book, as was Dave, who had come home early from work. It was after school and Davey had two friends over. Two men were in my house changing the light bulbs and two housemaids/nannies (mine and one of my friend's) were watching over the children. The scene was busy and almost chaotic but the adults in my household were serene and relaxing (though I count nursing as working, really).

A couple hours later I found myself walking through the lobby of the Intercontinental Hotel with my husband carrying the baby in his car seat and my maid carrying his bouncy chair and diaper bag. I was all dressed up and carrying only my purse. We were going to dinner with one of the suppliers Dave manages the contract with and other spouses. Henry doesn't take a bottle and we needed him nearby so we had him and the nanny stay in one of the supplier's rooms while we were at dinner. As I was walking in, I was thinking, is this really my life?

I am spoiled here. And its my life for now, but not forever. And I'll enjoy it while I have it! :) (though feel a little guilty too...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This all sounds so crazy. Some days I wish I had a nanny. You are lucky. I am sure having the extra help allows you to spend more time with the new baby. Enjoy!

Team Member said...

NOOOO, do not feel guilty:-) The two of you have made awesome choices in careers and family. I am pretty sure Heavenly Father would not want you to feel guilty. You are an AMAZING woman!!! I am so incredibly happy for you and your family:-)