I have heard for a long time about the Central Market here in Bahrain that is a great place to buy fish and produce. Cherries and berries here are extremely expensive and when I heard they could be had at a good price and I was invited to go with a couple from church, I was in! We went this morning at 6am...

Inside the fish market.
It was a slow day there since the weekend has been very windy and many fishermen didn't go out.

With the "shopkeeper" selling the sharks and my friend Imee
I picked up some prawns for Dave, which he thought were very fresh and delicious but a lot of work for the reward.

A view of the outdoor vegetable market.
I bought lots of cherries, mangos, kiwi, some cucumbers, capsicum (green pepper), garlic and bananas. It wasn't as good of prices as I expected, but surely a better deal than the grocery stores. It was a fun cultural experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment